Find Something

Friday, June 22, 2012

Eerie and Creepy: The Sumoning-Kelley Armstrong

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong
Date Released: July 1st 2008    
Publisher:  HarperCollins
Pages: 390 pages
Date Read: June 19, 2012
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought From Tj-Maxx :)
Goodreads Synopsis:  After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, and meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home.

At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…



My Review #1

WOW! The Summoning was so so good! No doubt, Kelley Armstrong is my favorite author! I devoured this book in a day and I'm all up on posting my review! I absolutelty can't wait for The Awakening and I'm hating on myself for not hoping onto her book train! *sobs* I'm freaking hungry for the next book!
I'M FREAKING HUNGRY.


15 year-old Chloe Saunders sees ghost and they see her. She's in an art school, wanting to be a director, and waiting to met a guy  but all that changes when she sees a fiery janitor who chasses her around the school that seemed so real but to others she looked like a freak. She is shipped off to Lyle's House a house for trouble teens just Chloe but more than meets the eye in this creepy house! The house was really creepy and I so did not want to be shipped there! :) Her Aunt Lauren is on Chloe's side and so is her dad whom she never sees, she makes friends with the others at Lyle House.

You have the super nice and friendly, Simon; the one who never smiles, Derek who I thought was biopolar but you'll see that he's not and what everyone truely is; Tori, the queen of the meds and she loves to be obnoxious; Rae, the girl who has a "thing" for fire. As Chloe spends more time she uncovers all the hidden secrets hidden in Lyle House. It was super creepy and still at times funny! I can't believe I took forever to read this!

I loved everything about this book! :P Chloe was super kick ass especially with her powers that explains why the ghost are always attracted to her. DEFINETLY TEAM DEREK! O_O Ooh and Rae was super cool with her abilites with fire and Tori I have no clue why she's there other that being super moody. The action was intense and the eerieness couldn't struck me any better! I devoured it in a day and I have no doubts to re-read it again just for fun!

 

I loved the scene with Chloe and Simon about the necromancer part along with the video games! It was pages 113-114 and seriously I was laugh so hard! Kelley Armstrong you are so good! Other than the funny scenes, there was the scary, when Chloe and Rae head up to the secret space in the wash room she encounters a ghost. Mrs. Talbot was at times, for me, almost to perfect. I'm guessing we'll see more to her later on. Chloe really took charge and she had an ambition and a goal with other: to escape Lyle House. I so do not want to go there! It would freak me out but still Chloe is tough to be going through all she experiences! She makes a kick ass character!

“Life experience. I can talk it up, vow to broaden my horizons, but I’m still limited to the experiences with my life.

How can a person understand an experience that lies completely outside her own? She can see it, feel it, imagine what it would be like to live it, but it’s no different from seeing a movie on a screen and saying, “Thank God that’s not me”


3 comments:

  1. This is a great series, glad you liked it. Good review!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovly review
    i so need to read these books

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio