Find Something

Friday, June 1, 2012

TGIF (#4)-Issue Books

This Week's Question:Issue Books: Which books have you found to be very rewarding when it comes to tackling tougher issues?

The YA genre has a wide array of Issue books that tackle lots of teen problems, and that's why I love YA! There are issues dealing with rape,sanity,beauty,eating disorders, suicide, drugs, a lot. I always pick a read that is real, and relatable  :)

Here's my list of MUST READ Issue Books:

Suicide: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher- a book that really made me think twice before pushing someone on edge, Perfect by Ellen Hopkins.

Beauty: North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

Eating Disorders: Windergirls by Lauie Halse Anderson and Skinny by Ibi Kaslik

Bullying: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Hate List by Jennifer Brown, Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Share some great Issue Books in the comments! And What Is Your TGIF? :D


1 comments:

  1. Great picks! I haven't read any of them, but a lot of them are on my TBR pile! Great picks!

    New follower!
    See my FF & TGIF--->Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio