Find Something

Monday, July 23, 2012

An AMAZING Sequel: The Golden Lily-Richelle Mead

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)The Golden Lily By Richelle Mead
Date Released: June 12, 2012    
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 418 pages
Date Read: June 30, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bought at Barnes and Noble


Goodreads Synopsis:  The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.



My Review:
Tagline: "In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher."

The Golden Lily was completely amazing! The kick ass action. Bubbly Characters. Steamy Romance. And drama. All if it was so so good! It was by far one of the best books I read this year :D Richelle Mead will engross you and lure you back in her amazing vampire world!

The Golden Lily picks off were Bloodlines ended, Sydney is happy for the praise she is getting for the situation with Keith and is back at Amberwood for a normal collage life. Angeline, Jill's new guardian that's super obnoxious and is obsessed with wearing no clothing joins the gang along with Dimitri and Sonya as they figure out how recent Moroi can be turned into a Strigoi. But for right now Sydney is faced with one thing, romace. The stakes are higher than ever!



I loved Sydney even more in this book! She is smart, quirky, and is akward especially with her romance with Brayden, a cute brainy guy that has so much in commom with her :)  I really didn't like Brayden that much actually. Sydney really grew on me a lot and in the end of The Golden Lily. She finally lets her guard down a bit with the vampires and maybe a little more to Adrain in this book. *nods*  I was in complete shock in what she did in the end with her romace!! Ahh, Sydeny you have no idea how long it took you too realize it!

shocked


Plus, she and Adrian have lots of funny and serious sences in this book, which make it so much fun and awesome!

Let me say to Eddie and Angeline that I really never saw that romance coming! Angeline was so funny. She makes Sydney freak out and watches the show she puts on. Eddie gets more developement in the book and I'm happy to say I really enjoyed them both. Jill is also pretty naive with the situation she is in. She learns that she can't have her romance and she grows. I loved all the characters and I would so re-read TGL for them and their bubbly personalities! :D *gets book and starts re-reading*

The whole book really moved fast. I read it in 2 whole days and I still can't get enough of it! Richelle Mead adds layer of suspense with Ms. Terwillger, Trey, and Sonya even. I was always on the edge of my seat. It was kinda predictable at times but with everything eles in the book it didn't matter at all! We also get to see why Adrian is always so down and drinking because of his dad, which was really sad and heartbreaking.

The Golden Lily was awesome and stunning! Richelle Mead is my favorite vampire writer and there is just no words to describe how amazing, funny, hilarious, and great this book was! I completely loved the book no lie here! Everything was perfect and can't wait for The Indigo Spell! :D It was freaking awesome!


21 Jump Street


6 comments:

  1. I loved it too. The scenes between Sydney and Brayden were so hilarious. And the scenes between Adrian and Sydney were so good!
    And I agree -- I like Eddie and Angeline together.
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everyone seems to like it! I have yet to read it but gosh I'm aching! I really want to and haven't heard a bad review about it yet so whooooopiiee! Hehe... now I just need to get it lol!

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Adrian, couldn't stand Brayden, and Sydney needs to grow up. Overall, I loved the book :)

    My Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it is predictable but oh so good! I laughed at Sydney and Breyden. I liked them at first because he did seem her type but at the same time he was jut not enough. No passion or real feelings for her except that she was smart and challenged him. I loved that everyone kept getting his name wrong. I was happy with the end but then oh so sad for Adrian. Sydney still has a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medium-weight shelves work well for storing clothes and bedding in the closets, towels and toiletries in the bathroom, or for providing a display place for plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! :) I still have to read Bloodlines before The Golden Lily (and Vampire Academy) but I've heard the most amazing things about the entire series so I'm glad you really loved it :) Predictability IS a little annoying a times, but hey, as long as you still loved it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio