Find Something

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Last Reads of 2012 Readathon - "Battle of The Teams" Challenge!

 
I'm so excited to finally show you guys my part for my challenge: "Battle of The Teams!" As you know in YA, there's lots of teams and lots of gushing over them. So for this challeng it's all about that!
 
Challenge: Pick 2 Teams, meaning One person versus Another Person. After that, you show us why the first person is way better than the second person and the same for the second person. This is the time for some pure gushing and GIF!

 
I'll be doing my Battle of The Teams on Will and Jem from Cassie Claire's Infernal Devices Series! I'm so excited for the this and the third book!
 
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra ClareThe Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
 
 
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
"Team Will"
 
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.” 
 
Why Is Will? - Who is this dark and mysterious boy we meet in Clockwork Angel? Well, he is William Herondale, a 17 year old Welsh Shadowhunter in 19 Century London.If you are a fan of Cassie Clare's books you know that Will is someone troubled and can't really express what he want or feels. He has strong bonds with the people around him and when he meets Tessa, by rescuing her from the Dark Sisters, we all know there's already chemistry! LOL

image
Duh....
 
Will's Best Traits or Why We Are Loyal to Team Will - Even though will is this rude and mean person when Tessa first meets hime, he's nice, kind, and gentle to her. He doesn't push or shove people into doing choices they don't want to, but listens to them. Will also reads and reads and reads. Will is a full on book reader! He loves his poetry and can even quote several lines for his current read and is a literary genius in this area. Along with that he is always there for the people he loves, such as Tessa, and will do anything for them.

 
 Why Will Is The One For Tessa - All and all, Will is perfect for Tessa! He's smart, brave, courageous, and will always be there. Despite, having mixed feelings at time, Will fights it and looks to the bright side. Even, being this distant person who's "cold" he has his reasons and you can't blame him for it. Will read and Tessa reads, meaning there perfect more right?  *looks shamefully* You can imagine them for days reading, quoting, and discussing all the things they love. Why can't someone like Will, who always loved Tessa from the beginning be together?
image
 
image
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
"Will has always been the brighter burning star, the one to catch attention - but Jem is a steady flame, unwavering and honest."

Why is this Jem? -  James "Jem" Carstairs an Asian shadowhunter who Tessa gets to know more in Clockwork Prince. He's best friends with Will Heronalde in the London Institute and look out for both each other.


http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9e84khS2I1r9ktnn.gif
Yeah...Team Jem
Jem's Best Traits or Why We Are Loyal to Team Jem - He plays the violin. YES. THE VIOLIN. How cool is that? For sure Tessa, could use some of his music to go to sleep. Jem also has the personality! Compare to Will, Jem actually has one and isn't aloof, mysterious, and big on their own ego type of person! Will can't control who he is but Jem shows his TRUE COLORS and those colors are really bright. He treats, Will almost like his brother and has a sense of pride (the right amount) and respect. In addition, he speaks Mandarin and English (How cool?) and made out with Tessa in Clockwork Prince (I'm serious!!) shows how he has all the dedication.
image
Are you serious? With his eyes closed, what?
 
No..but really Team Jem!
 
Why Jem Is The One For Tessa - Jem is the perfect person for Tessa because he actually cares! Jem, despite his "illness" is always there for Tessa, Will, and any other people who he knows. He makes the right choices no matter what he goes through and feels. Who could ask more for someone who plays the violin with his eyes closed, has a cool looking crane, speaks Mandarin and goes for what he wants when he sees it, and that means Tessa!

"I know," he said, looking down at himself self-consciously. "I am not - I mean, I look -"
"Beautiful," she said, and she meant it. "You are beautiful, James Carstairs.

 
Now..it's your turn to vote in the challenge! Link up your post, comment, and vote in the poll!



8 comments:

  1. Team Will! I do love Jem as well, but I feel like Tessa in IN love with Will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Clockwork Prince and get back to you.
    Linked your challenge on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't started this series yet so I'm afraid I really don't know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the books so I can't really comment but I chose Will because I like book boys named Will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read these to choose a team! :) I do like boys named Will, though. lol

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I still haven't decided...after book 1 I was Team Jem 'cause he's just the sweetest thing ever! But I love Will too...that's a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TEAM JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio