Find Something

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Booking Through Music (#5) - Jen @ YA Romantics Join In!


Booking Through Music is my way to share my favorite songs with a book alongside. It could be a current song, one I just rediscovered, or just want to share this helps share that with readers! Booking Through Music is to connect to my readers more and you can also join in every Saturday!


YA RomanticsThis Saturday I'm currently having Jen from YA Romantics! She is currently reading
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo and her is her Russian music playlist! BIG thanks for Jen deciding to do this!
If any bloggers are interested in participating in Booking Through Music shoot me an email - patrickreads@hotmail.com 

 Jen's Current Read:
http://static2.hypable.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tumblr_n0zwlbUkQG1qm7imdo1_1280.jpg
Goodreads Summary:
The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.
 For Jen, she picked out solely Russian music - including both contemporary and and classical ones. For each track, Jen decided to describe why she added that song and I thought it was creative (definitely doing this now :)

Check out her playlist below created from Spotify


 Here’s a little bit about each song on the playlist. Will keep this spoiler-free!!



Track one:  Do Not Avert the Face (from Russian Sacred Music: The Divine Wisdom of St. Sofia Praise We In Chants)



If you’ve read Siege and Storm, you know that Alina is now revered as a saint, so I thought a little Russian choral music was in order.



_______________________________________



Track two:  Inside/ Louna



Louna  -- a Russian alternative/punk rock band, formed in Moscow in 2008 – was a real find for me. Their earlier songs are in Russian (like track 4) but this song is in English and I’ve become kind of obsessed with it. Track four is a Louna song in Russian.



________________________________________



Track three:  Walking on the Edge/ Basta



I don’t listen to much rap, but I actually like listening to rap in other languages. I have no idea what this Russian rapper is saying – all I caught was one “dasvidanya” but I like the idea of Darkling as a bad boy rapper.



______________________________________



Track five: Ty uznayesh yeye / Korni



Korni is a Russian boy band and because there are three guys in the Grisha Trilogy, I’m imagining some kind of crazy dream sequence where they all sing...



Track six: The Firebird/ Stravinsky 



Got to have some classical Russian music, and since the Firebird is a part of the story, I had to choose this.

 BIG Thanks for Jen for being the first bloggers to be part of my blog's meme! I really want to have more bloggers featured here and there so feel free to email me :)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for inviting me to join. It ended up being really fun and now I love that Louna song so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good at things like this! It would take me years to come up with songs. I've not heard of these songs, but I suppose I need to check them out :) Great post Patrick and Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just telling Jen how wonderful her play list is. This does sound like a fun way to combine love of music and books! I wish my taste in music is diverse. Otherwise, a lot of Kings of Leon and Foo Fighters would be at hand. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio